BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all,

I am doing a new SAS9 installation and configuration on Windows Server 2022. I got the error in the initial Object Spawner with 

[property] Loading D:\SAS\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\core\sasmisc\sasconf\objectspawnr\config\en\objectspawnr.properties
Property "objectspawner.server.name" has not been set

checkForErrors:

BUILD FAILED
D:\SAS\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\core\sasmisc\sasconf\objectspawnr\config\objectspawnr_config.xml:959: An error occurred during service installation. rc:-1073741819 output:
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exit.execute(Exit.java:142)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)

Seems it is related to a Windows Server issue rather than a problem from SAS Depot. Do you have any insight?

Thank you for your sharing.

5 REPLIES 5
eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7
Spoiler
I also found tk.reportlog file in Object Spawner directory.

ERROR: The system has encountered an unhandled Exception.
: Please contact technical support and provide them
: with the following traceback and system dump information:

ABORT: SAS/TK is aborting
: Abort Log file [tk.reportlog.7804]
: ---------------------------------------
: Time [12/22/2023 16:52:20 ]
: ---------------------------------------
: Thread Name [<Unknown>]

Traceback:

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Have you engaged SAS Technical Support?
Typically prior to the "BUILD FAILED" message there is error that explains why it failed. It isn't clear from what was provided what failure is occurring.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your reply. I know that it commonly will have an error message before BUILD FAILED but this is not the case. 

It is clean before the error prompt and seems that the error message step is related to failing to add or install the Object Spawner service to the Window Services. 

I also noticed that the record code rc:-1073741819 is returned from OS and -1073741819 in hex is 0xC0000005.

That's why I want to know if anyone has similar experience in installing SAS9 on Windows Server 2022

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The return code in question is an access violation, or referencing memory that has not been allocated.
Is an object spawner log file being created? Does it have any errors?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7

This error occurred during the Object Spawner initial configuration. 

When the error occurred, the directory of Lev1/ObjectSpawner was created and I saw the ObjectSpawner.bat also created here but the Object Spawner service failed to create in Windows Services.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation