BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Wilson_W
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi. Have you found a solution?

I am also having the same issue. My SAS always freezes when I copy something recently. It never happened on Windows 10.

Peter_Hong
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, unfortunately I have not. I believe Reeza's comment above is the way to go that certain build of the SAS 9.4 is incompatible with Windows 11. What I found is that before running any code copy paste works just fine, not sure if it's the same for you.
Wilson_W
Fluorite | Level 6

Interesting. I didn't realize that. I do have the same situation.

I just tested. It runs fine before running my programs. And it looks like it freezes a longer time after I run it more times of my codes. Maybe the more times it runs, it takes more memory.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Wilson_W  - Are you running a SAS maintenance level earlier than 9.4 M7? If so then consider upgrading to M7 since you use Windows 11.

Wilson_W
Fluorite | Level 6

I saw earlier comments on this topic that suggests updating SAS to M7, so I did it. But it did not solve the problem. It still freezes when using the copy function.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In that case I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support on this then provide an update to this post.

Peter_Hong
Fluorite | Level 6
Update, I found a band-aid solution that clear out the results window then copy paste works just fine.
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Can you please share your solution so that others in an identical situation can look to it for  guidance?

Wilson_W
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for sharing.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

@Peter_Hong  What is your band aid solution?

user021
Fluorite | Level 6

Have you reported this issue to SAS support and had a ticket created? There is definitely something not working very nicely between SAS and Windows 11. I suspect that Windows 11 introduced something new that caused this freeze/non response of SAS. BTW, I didn't notice this kind of freeze when copying in Office or UEStudio.

user021
Fluorite | Level 6

This happened to me as well. I just installed SAS 9.4 (TS1M7) to Windows 11 and noticed this freeze with SAS after copying anything within SAS.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Apparently SAS 9.4 M8, just released, now officially supports Windows 11. Might be worth upgrading to this to see if the problem persists.

sasgenie
Fluorite | Level 6

I have updated to SAS 9.4 M8. The freezing issue persists when copying text in SAS. It's hard to believe a company with the scale of SAS would have problem solving what appears to be a small bug for such a long time.

user021
Fluorite | Level 6
Has SAS acknowledged this issue? They might not be aware of this if no ticket has been created for it.

I have to downgrade my system to Windows 10 to be free of this annoying issue.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 46 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 14 in conversation