BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rveerepalli
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I am using SAS on windows (9.4 M6)  and connecting to Hadoop.  My windows PC is on a different domain compared to Hadoop. I generated Kerberos ticket and it works for ODBC connection to Hadoop and also works on Java applications. My KRB5CCNAME environment variable resolves properly on SAS. However, when I run libname statement in SAS, it is trying to connect to use my windows realm ticket (rather than using ticket for Hadoop realm). Is there any change that I am missing to do in configuration?    

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Where is krb5.conf file located in your environment?
When you SAS Session is spawned using any client, how does it generate the krb ticket?
Rveerepalli
Fluorite | Level 6

Added the below two Java security settings to the SAS config file
-Djava.security.krb5.conf=C:\Hadoop\Kerberos\krb5.ini
-Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false

Also ticket is pre-generated at login by MIT Kerberos application
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Can you run klist on the ticket generated and resolved for the KRB5CCNAME ENV variable to see if it's of the Hadoop realm or windows?
And when you say you have generated ticket and was able to make ODBC connection to Hadoop, that is using tools outside of SAS?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation