BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

In Viya 3.5 (tried both Windows and Linux), I created a new top-level content folder and granted the READ permission to my Custom Group but users in the Custom Group don't see the folder.

When I grant the READ permission to an AD group, the users in that AD group do see the folder.

What am I missing with Custom Groups?

Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Mark. It seems that I had to logoff from Viya and logon again for the permissions to take effect.

I was confused since other permission changes were surfaced instantly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Since you say "top-level content folder," you've obviously eliminated the inheritance angle that can get in the way.  My next step would probably be to search the raw rules themselves (under Rules in SAS Environment Manager) to see if there are any other rules which are getting in the way.  These rules are created behind the scenes when you set authorizations using the dialogs from the Content area.  As you know, SAS Viya defaults to declining access, so even if you've set up Read access at the atomic folder level for a given group, there may be a conflicting rule that is denying them permission.

If that doesn't uncover the issue, and you're sure you're logging in as a userid in the custom group to test this, I think you'll want to engage Tech Support.

I'm sure you're already aware of the associated doc, but for the other readers' benefit, you can find an overview of SAS Viya general authorization here.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Mark. It seems that I had to logoff from Viya and logon again for the permissions to take effect.

I was confused since other permission changes were surfaced instantly.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation