BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PriitL
Obsidian | Level 7

Found this site: https://github.com/mubix/CVE-2021-44228-Log4Shell-Hashes/blob/main/md5sum.txt 

There's also a version numbers with checksums.

So basically what I did was:

to find log4j-core

find /opt/sas/config/ -name log4j-core* -print

to get md5sum and compare with the ones You get from link above

for i in `find /opt/sas/config/ -name log4j-core* -print`; do md5sum "$i"; done

We also have 9.4M6 and I got versions log4j-core-2.11.1 (71d3394226547d81d1bf6373a5b0e53a) and log4j-core-2.1 (8d331544b2e7b20ad166debca2550d73).

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As SAS provides updated guidance and news about the log4j vulnerability, we're updating the official security bulletin. To be notified when these updates occur, subscribe to this topic: Updates on log4j Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (CVE-2021-44228). SAS Technical Support will add changelog info with each update, and subscribers will receive a notification as these are published. There's also an RSS feed you can follow.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Does anyone know on the depot?

I see the loguccino instruction say don't run on the depot, so do you just leave that alone completely, or remove the files manually from there?

SimonMcGrother
SAS Employee
You must not run loguccino on the depot. If you do, and make changes to the depot, then the next time you try any deployment activity you'll hit checksum errors.
The advice from SAS is to re-run loguccino on your system every time you do anything that involves the depot, because it is conceivable that you reintroduced a previously fixed log4j issue. 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 12 in conversation