BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnSAScom
Quartz | Level 8

I'm the administrator on a server on which SAS 9.4 is installed.  How can I prevent other users on the network from viewing the SAS log files that are produced when I execute SAS programs on my server?  SAS/Connect?  BI Server?  Metadata server?

4 REPLIES 4
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

I don't get to play admin process in my job, but you can turn off logging.

JohnSAScom
Quartz | Level 8

Turning off logging is not an option because I need that for de-bugging and documentation purposes.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Use OS folder permissions to prevent other users even accessing the folder where you store your SAS logs.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It depends on how you run SAS programs. If you use a workspace server (from EG or Studio), you can modify the logconfig.xml to redirect the logs to the current user's home directory, so users can only view their own (given proper protection of the home dir).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation