BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tahahessane
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello community, 

I'm having problems to install SAS on my computer, 

I passed all the installations steps, however i'm always getting this ERROR when I try to launch SAS : 

ERROR: Nom physique incorrect pour la biblio. SASUSER.
NOTE: Unable to initialize the options subsystem.
ERROR: (SASXKINI): PHASE 3 KERNEL INITIALIZATION FAILED.
ERROR: Unable to initialize the SAS kernel.

I went on SAS website and tried the different solutions : 

1- find the SASv9.cfg and the path the SASUSER biblo, but i can't find this library because i can't find the "MY SAS Files" that should be on my computer,

2- I read the installation notice where they say to create a "My SAS files" and change the path in the SASv9.cfg, however i'm still getting the same error message and can't launch SAS

3- I deleted avast antivirus as I red that it might block SAS from running, and re-installed SAS but still nothing 

I have a windows 10 Lenovo computer, it has 64bit processor and 4gb RAM

can someone help me ? 

thank you in advance 

10 REPLIES 10
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Tahahessane,

please check this SAS Note, it should be able to help you: http://support.sas.com/kb/12/457.html

For your information, @ChrisHemedinger also describes this problem here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Unable-to-launch-SAS/td-p/406774

Tahahessane
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, 

thank you for your answer, 

but I already did that, and I couldn't find the "My SAS files"... even though everything is installed 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Tahahessane,

not sure of your doubt, but let me summarize the instruction, to ensure we are on the same page.

in your Program Files/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/nls/ you should find a few folders and each with a sasv9.cfg file.

In those files, there should be the following lines in:

-SET MYSASFILES "?FOLDERID_Documents\My SAS Files\9.4"
-SASUSER "?FOLDERID_Documents\My SAS Files\9.4"
-WORK "!TEMP\SAS Temporary Files"

Please check that the string value of SASUSER  (and/or MYSASFILES) option does exist and that location has permissions for your user.

The error is about SASUSER not MYSASFILES, but still worth a check.

Tahahessane
Fluorite | Level 6
hello @JuanS_OCS
thank you for your answer,

I don't understand what you mean with "Please check that the string value of SASUSER (and/or MYSASFILES) option does exist and that location has permissions for your user."
how can check that ?

I launched SAS as administrator i don't know if that helps
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Tahahessane,

- please open your SAS session and run the following code "%put _ALL_;" and send us the log/output.

- please get your SASFoundation/9.4/nls/[xxx]/sasv9.conf files and share with us the content (specially the last lines, where you will find the SASUSER and MYSASFILES values).

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Juan

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Tahahessane wrote:

I launched SAS as administrator i don't know if that helps

DON'T DO THAT.

sasadm@saspw is an internal account (exists only in SAS metadata) and does not have a corresponding account in the operating system. Therefore it cannot be used for workspace server sssions, which need the infrastructure of a defined OS user to set up the necessary infrastructure (SASUSER, WORK). Use a non-admin account (your personal account) to start a workspace server.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

please let me chime in. Please let me know if this correction/comment does not apply or I miss-read anything from your post.

I think your comment might be interesting for readers, because what you say is 100% true, but I  think it does not apply for @Tahahessane, the poster of the initial question.

If you read him well, he just installed SAS in his PC, meaning, SAS Base.

1. sasadm@saspw does not apply at all, there is no metadata.
  2. when he said that he ran SAS as Administrator, he meant exactly that: with his own user, he clicked on SAS Base and selected "Run as Administrator", which will grant him some local administrator permissions on his computer.

That being said:

@Tahahessane, did you had the chance to get what I asked for?

Kind regards,

Juan

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If it actually means running Base SAS with Display Manager from the Windows Menu, then yes, my sasadm@saspw remark does not apply.

But still, SAS should be run with a "normal" account and not as Windows Administrator. Same as you don't run SAS as root on UNIX. It may (or will) work, but it shouldn't be done.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

I agree with you, and then, the answer to his question would be : "no, I would not help" or "no, I think it won't help".

In any case, not that I don't understand his question, he thinks it might be a matter of permissions.

And it actually might be a problem of permissions, but that is the second step, first we need to see how the environment variables are asigned, or if there is a typo in the config files.

Tahahessane
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello

Sorry for the delay,

I'm still getting the same error again and again, 

i created a "my sas file" and changed the path but still its not working ....

i cannot launch SAS 9.4 

SAS errror.PNG

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation