BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
smilanich
Fluorite | Level 6

I am having an issue with my SAS enterprise guide 6.1 license. I was able to successfully renew the license for the base SAS 9.4, which includes the renewal for SAS enterprise. However, when I try to open SAS enterprise, there is an error message "this version of SAS enterprise guide expired Dec. 1 2020."  I can use the base version, but I prefer some of the features of the enterprise guide. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@smilanich  - Please mark your post as answered then.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You have experienced the Enterprise Guide hard expiry date: https://support.sas.com/kb/33/359.html

If you wish to continue using EG 6.1 you can either apply the hot fix available in the above link or you can upgrade to a later version. There is no cost involved on doing this.

smilanich
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks so much! Can you also provide information for upgrading to a later version? Or is that in the hot fix as well?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Going to a later version involves requesting a new software order from your SAS account manager. This arrives in the form of an email and contains all the instructions for downloading the software from SAS. You will end up with a SAS Software depot from which you can then install the required products.

smilanich
Fluorite | Level 6

Got it. Thanks!!

smilanich
Fluorite | Level 6

The hot fix did the trick. EG 6.1 is now running 🙂

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@smilanich  - Please mark your post as answered then.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I STRONGLY recommend to get the current software. Not only will you have the choice between EG 7.15 and 8.3, you will get LOTS of goodies in your Base SAS software (open code %IF among them) and solid support of current operating systems. Particularly important with Windows.

smilanich
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you! My SAS license is from my university, so I'll talk to them about getting the upgraded versions of EG! 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation