BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

SAS has been installed and configured in the system that I'm working with(I'm new in this system). SAS has shared a document about the system and for example where the log files are. But when I follow the path, there is no log file there. How can I find information about the log files?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@DORIANA wrote:

Log files for:

• Metadata server,
  • scheduled jobs which has been scheduled by Crontab,
  • scheduled jobs in Management Consol,
  • Where can I check the result of running a program in Base SAS, EGuide and Eminer(I need to check if I'm getting any error message)?

Metadata Server:

Logs can be found in Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/Logs.

Scheduled Jobs:

This depends very much on the way you start the jobs. Most of the time, you'll find the log either in the home directory of the user whose crontab you use, or in the spot where the program is found. To help you further, I would need the crontab entry and the shell script used.

Base SAS and EG do not write a log file per default, as the log is sent back to the log window. In Base SAS, use proc printto or the altlog= option to redirect the log to a file. For EG, you need to configure the workspace server for logging to files.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Log files for:

• Metadata server,
  • Where can I check the result of running a program in Base SAS, EGuide and Eminer(I need to check if I'm getting any error message)?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@DORIANA wrote:

Log files for:

• Metadata server,

Metadata Server:

Logs can be found in Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/Logs.

Scheduled Jobs:

This depends very much on the way you start the jobs. Most of the time, you'll find the log either in the home directory of the user whose crontab you use, or in the spot where the program is found. To help you further, I would need the crontab entry and the shell script used.

Base SAS and EG do not write a log file per default, as the log is sent back to the log window. In Base SAS, use proc printto or the altlog= option to redirect the log to a file. For EG, you need to configure the workspace server for logging to files.

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks KurtBremser for your reply.

Do you know if there is a SAS document about log files with more details?

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

Take a look at the following article:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/super-food-sas-administration-brain-iv-self-study-anja-fischer

This article provides you with resources and information an admin should be familiar with.

Maybe you'll find this helpful.

Thanks

Anja

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Anja for the info 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation