BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
iscgonzalez
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello guys,

I have been  recently charged to administer our sas deployment, and as a newbie I'm facing a couple issues I haven't been able to solve.

At this moment I facing an scenario where it seems that Work folders that are created for every user in the platform have 700 permissions, and I don't know why sas is not deleting some of them after the session finishes. I'm stacking with those folders that I can't remove.

So my question is, is there a way I could set the folders to be created with 770 permissions, so in case of being necessary I can delete the stacked sessions, instead of having the users or the root user to delete them?

I saw the configuration of the SASv9.cfg file and it has the -workperms 777 option, so I don't know where else too look.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS provides a utility that assists in "housekeeping". It's called cleanwork and found in SASHOME/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin.

Run it (as superuser or administrator) with your directory from the -work option as parameter. Do so regularly (via scheduler) to get rid of leftover WORKs from SAS sessions that have not terminated gracefully.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS provides a utility that assists in "housekeeping". It's called cleanwork and found in SASHOME/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin.

Run it (as superuser or administrator) with your directory from the -work option as parameter. Do so regularly (via scheduler) to get rid of leftover WORKs from SAS sessions that have not terminated gracefully.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation