BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Menakabm
Fluorite | Level 6

I am receiving following error message when tried to logon to any SAS Web Applications (SAS Studio,SAS environment Manager).I havent experienced this error earlier. I tried restaring all SAS services but still no luck.

Please note that I can access SAS Enterprise Guide without any issues.

====================================

Public access has been denied.

Public users are not allowed to access this SAS application. The current user has been signed out.

For increased security, close your browser.

=========================================

Thanks

Menaka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Menakabm,

do you have Single Sing On configured in your web applications?

Are you using an LDAP or AD account, or internal SAS account to log in.

Perhaps the account is not there in the metadata, or the SSO authentication does not work.

I would like to advise to check the SAS Metadata server log files, the SASLogon web application log files, looking for errors.

And theck the Accounts tab in your SAS metadata user, in SAS Management COnsole. 

If you cannot or we cannot find anything, I would advise to check the problem with SAS Technical Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Menakabm,

do you have Single Sing On configured in your web applications?

Are you using an LDAP or AD account, or internal SAS account to log in.

Perhaps the account is not there in the metadata, or the SSO authentication does not work.

I would like to advise to check the SAS Metadata server log files, the SASLogon web application log files, looking for errors.

And theck the Accounts tab in your SAS metadata user, in SAS Management COnsole. 

If you cannot or we cannot find anything, I would advise to check the problem with SAS Technical Support.

Coloradomis
Fluorite | Level 6
This response prompted me to verify the username setup in Active Directory matched the username in SAS Metadata for the user getting this error. They did not match, fat fingered the username in SAS. Creating a new SAS Metadata user with the correct username fixed the issue.
Allen Malone
Institute for Health Research
Kaiser Permanente Colorado

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation