BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sperry
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to rename a WRS .srx file. When I rename a report, it will no longer open.

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The basic definitions of a web report reside in SAS metadata, so you need to make the changes there, which is what Web Report Studio does. If you want to change the name of a web report, use "Save As" and then delete the old report.

sperry
Calcite | Level 5

By using the save as method, the WRS links and the Portal links will have to be changed for each report. Rename in SMC is grayed out for the rename function for reports. I have ~80 reports to rename.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

I think there is no other quick workaround in your case, because WRS reports, or srx files are stored in your metadata and the content server (as XML files). If you try something else, you would corrupt your reports, metadata and content server. 

Something really not desirable.

Sorry, at least that is my experience and current knowledge.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@sperry wrote:

By using the save as method, the WRS links and the Portal links will have to be changed for each report.

Exactly. So, before you start doing this, make sure you have a viable naming concept that will prevent such problems in the future. But there is some work ahead of you, no doubt. You're not alone. I guess all of us have encountered similar situations where we realized out first attempt at structuring our metadata was less than optimal, and needed reworking.
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can rename a report from within SAS Web  Report Studio. You do not need to do a Save As.

1. Launch Web Report Studio.
  2. From the Welcome Screen, select File > Manage Files
  3. Navigate to the folder that contains the report(s)
  4. Click the icon in the Action menu next to the report you want to rename.
  5. Select Rename.

Also see Rename a Report in the SAS Web Report Studio User's Guide. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/citug/65926/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0g15134tpemetn1bcdk...

Make sure that the report is not open when you attempt to rename it.

rename.jpg

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation