BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

We have distributed environment of 4 physical machines. We have successfully upgraded 9.4 M4 on main machines(where  all server installed on one machine) and other 3 server serves installed only sas environment manager to monitor the performance.

We have only one sas depot which was available on server1 and I can't see any other depot on other machines.

In order to upgrade the sas env manager on another machine how we can copy or any link sas depot from server1?

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Depending on your network infrastructure, you might either share the depot on your main server and mount it on the others (if network is really fast), or simply copy the whole depot (sftp or similar) to the other servers. If you're working on UNIX, don't forget to do a

chmod -R u+x /sas_depot

after the copy on the target machine. (replace sas_depot with your actual path)

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

PS when I installed our current 9.4 on AIX, I created the depot from the media on my desktop PC, then used WinSCP to copy the whole thing (binary mode!) to the server (using the SAS install user account), then did the chmod. Worked like a charm.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation