BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sabrina1yu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I've tried getting SAS University to run on two laptops, both with Windows 10.  I've tried VirtualBox and VMWare.  In every case I get an error message when trying to fire-up the VM.  I know "Windows 10" is NOT listed under supported OSes.  My question is: Do you have any idea when you'll have full support for SAS University Edition on Windows 10?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sabrina1yu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your reply.

For VirtualBox (5.0.10), I followed instructions from here: SASUniversityEditionQuickStartVirtualBox.pdf

Before writing this response, I decided to give it another try so I could provide the exact message and when/where it happened.,  But this time, during Step 3, I un-checked something for a Sound Card.  I didn't do that the first time.  THIS MUST HAVE HELPED - the VM actually works now!!

I'm not going to bother with VMWare now. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
What's your error message?
sabrina1yu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your reply.

For VirtualBox (5.0.10), I followed instructions from here: SASUniversityEditionQuickStartVirtualBox.pdf

Before writing this response, I decided to give it another try so I could provide the exact message and when/where it happened.,  But this time, during Step 3, I un-checked something for a Sound Card.  I didn't do that the first time.  THIS MUST HAVE HELPED - the VM actually works now!!

I'm not going to bother with VMWare now. 🙂

Reeza
Super User
Glad it worked for you! Enjoy your programming 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation