BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
brendanodwyer
Fluorite | Level 6

We have been testing and load balancing our Grid in our TEST environment before going to PROD and it doing we discovered something odd with the way SAS Studio behaves with GRID. As a note we are using Grid-Launched Workspace Servers.

When we tested GRID with EG we noticed that SAS will spin up 1 job slot on GRID, which is fine as this is expected behavior; however, with SAS Studio we are seeing two job slots being occupied when SAS Studio starts. We have watched the process with bhosts and bqueues and made sure that it is consistently happenening.

Has anyone seen or had this happen to them in their environment?

Side-note: I was the only one in the environment when I was producing/re-producing this behavior so I know that one SAS Studio Session causes 2 job slots to be occupied.

2 REPLIES 2
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

SAS Studio uses two SAS process in the back. One services the code submission & one services the interface (file, folder, library operations, etc.)

Bruno

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

whenever you'd like to get information about services, servers etc running in your environment, you could use

SAS Environment Manager to look at it, monitor it.

See

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/super-food-sas-administration-brain-part-ii-manager-anja-fischer?trk=...

for general info on the Environment Manager.

Thanks

Anja

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation