BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
blaszkam
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

Is that possible to authenticate users who are connecting to SAS/SHARE by LDAP/AD?

I found that I can add to sas/share server code:

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lesysoptsref&docsetTarget=n09jduxzsq4626n1jd3jk6t24isq.htm&do...

but I don't understand how to authenticate user in SAS code (reading data from sas/share).  Will it work with SAS/SHARE?

4 REPLIES 4
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
You can have SAS/SHARE users authenticate against an external authentication provider. The SAS/SHARE server will use sasauth for authenticating users. See the section "Configuring User Authentication Using sasauth" in the SAS 9.4 Configuration Guide for UNIX manual. This SAS note has some useful tips for debugging this setup http://support.sas.com/kb/39/891.html
blaszkam
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Simon,

That's clarify a lot. Thank you.

Can I set up sasauth.conf individually per SAS/SHARE server (by adding some line in sasv9.cfg perhaps)?

alexal
SAS Employee

@blaszkam ,

Can I set up sasauth.conf individually per SAS/SHARE server (by adding some line in sasv9.cfg perhaps)?

No.

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

@alexal and @blaszkam it would be possible if you install a SASFoundation per SAS/SHARE server you run. You can individually tweak the sasauth.conf per SAS/SHARE server that way. That would probably be too much administration overhead to do in practice though.

@blaszkam what is the use case you have here for needing multiple sasauth.conf configurations?

EDIT: Thought of another method that uses even more duct tape. The sasauth processes parses the configuration file on startup only. You can rotate around the different configuration files as you boot each SAS/SHARE instance up with sasauth.conf pointed at a different configuration.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation