BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We are getting an error while connecting to oracle. The log shows the below error. The user has all the required access to Oracle and he can access to oracle with SQL developer. Metadata access also verified.

sewa_bal_gmail_com_0-1588281722864.png

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you google this error like I did then you will find plenty of references like this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30478070/how-to-solve-sql-error-ora-00604-error-occurred-at-recu...

This is not a SAS problem. I suggest you consult your Oracle DBA. 

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi 

Thanks for the reply.

User is facing this error while connecting to oracle with libname statement. User already tested their oracle credentials via SQL developer tool.

How I can prove this is not sas related?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@sewa_bal_gmail_com  - Can you post the SAS log of the LIBNAME statement including notes and errors? Your Oracle DBA would be able to look at the Oracle server log and see what is happening in the database.

Also it would be worth testing the LIBNAME with another username to see if you get the same error.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi 

Here is sas libname statement and error.

sewa_bal_gmail_com_0-1588294998037.png

I Will check if other others getting the same error.

Do you know where exactly oracle dba will check the error at the oracle side?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@sewa_bal_gmail_com - I'm not an Oracle expert. A DBA should know where to look for these types of errors and to diagnose the problem. Hopefully the Oracle server log will provide more details of where the problem lies.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Looking at the error code it seems to be custom error developed at site by the oracle DBA or application owner. Are you able to connect to same schema, creds via sqlplus?

Here's a link I found while searching for this error code. It could be something like the example has been applied at your side. I would suggest you to check with Oracle DBA.

https://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:68817379083269
sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

@Anand_V 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the user can connect to oracle via SQL developer. I will connect to DBA for the same.

Is this possible we can troubleshoot this error at sas end?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation