BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
WorkingMan
Calcite | Level 5

I hit error when I run a job in SAS DI Studio. The transformation it does is to modify the data inside this table. This table is DIM.ACCOUNT_DIM

If I run the libname statement for DIM, I can see the table and its data in SAS EG. However, when i try to run the job, it has error message:

ERROR: File DIM.ACCOUNT_DIM cannot be updated because its encoding does not match the session encoding or the file is in a format native to another host, such as WINDOWS_64. 

In another thread here, there was a guide provided below:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2010/05/24/finding-the-foreigners-in-your-sas-environment/

However, the guide didn't provide solution.

I would not prefer to create a new library or create a table with a different name because this table has many dependencies.

I've also done some checking. The encoding for DIM.ACCOUNT_DIM is wlatin1_Western (Windows) whereas my server encoding is UTF-8.

How can i fix this without dumping the original table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Run

data dim.account_dim;
set dim.account_dim;
run;

once. SAS should NOTE the Cross Environment Data Access, but that's it; if the original dataset is stored with a compress option, add it to the DATA statement; likewise, recreate any indexes if the dataset had such.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Run

data dim.account_dim;
set dim.account_dim;
run;

once. SAS should NOTE the Cross Environment Data Access, but that's it; if the original dataset is stored with a compress option, add it to the DATA statement; likewise, recreate any indexes if the dataset had such.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation