BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SebastianW
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Community

I’m struggling with a Connection issue using the SAS Open Metadata Interface:

Running the following code:

MdFactory factory = new MdFactoryImpl(false);
MdOMRConnection mdOMRConnection = factory.getConnection();
mdOMRConnection.makeOMRConnection(connectionInformation.getHost(), connectionInformation.getPort(), connectionInformation.getUsername(), connectionInformation.getPassword());

Results into this Exception:

Caused by: com.sas.metadata.remote.MdException: None of the requested encryption algorithms are supported by both peers: AES
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:1385)
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeOMRConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:1225)
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeOMRConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:294)
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: None of the requested encryption algorithms are supported by both peers: AES  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine.getCrypto(Engine.java:4702)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine0200.flowSendReqs(Engine0200.java:119)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine.flow(Engine.java:698)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine.initClient(Engine.java:660)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.ORBImpl.uri_to_object(ORBImpl.java:119)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ClusterEnvelope.createObject(ClusterEnvelope.java:291)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ClusterEnvelope.getConnection(ClusterEnvelope.java:76)
	at com.sas.services.connection.AggregationKernel.doGetConnection(AggregationKernel.java:242)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactoryKernel.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryKernel.java:325)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactoryShell.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryShell.java:69)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactoryShell.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryShell.java:56)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:71)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:46)
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:1380)
	... 11 more

Does anybody know what to do?

Kind regards 

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpage
SAS Employee

You need the SAS/SECURE jars on your classpath - sas.rutil.jar and sastpj.rutil.jar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think the exceptions are pretty clear. Looks like your SAS server is configured to accept AES-encrypted connections but your client isn't set up for that. Can your client app be configured for AES-encrypted connections? 

SebastianW
Calcite | Level 5

You are rigth. My SAS Server is configured to accept AES-encrypted connections. Unfortunately I don't know how to configure my Client, which uses the sas-Jars to connect to the Metadata-Server. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Sorry, I've never tried that myself so I can't really help any further. I suggest you track this to SAS Tech Support if you haven't done so already.

dpage
SAS Employee

You need the SAS/SECURE jars on your classpath - sas.rutil.jar and sastpj.rutil.jar

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation