BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SebastianW
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Community

I’m struggling with a Connection issue using the SAS Open Metadata Interface:

Running the following code:

MdFactory factory = new MdFactoryImpl(false);
MdOMRConnection mdOMRConnection = factory.getConnection();
mdOMRConnection.makeOMRConnection(connectionInformation.getHost(), connectionInformation.getPort(), connectionInformation.getUsername(), connectionInformation.getPassword());

Results into this Exception:

Caused by: com.sas.metadata.remote.MdException: None of the requested encryption algorithms are supported by both peers: AES
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:1385)
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeOMRConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:1225)
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeOMRConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:294)
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: None of the requested encryption algorithms are supported by both peers: AES  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine.getCrypto(Engine.java:4702)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine0200.flowSendReqs(Engine0200.java:119)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine.flow(Engine.java:698)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.Engine.initClient(Engine.java:660)
	at com.sas.iom.orb.brg.ORBImpl.uri_to_object(ORBImpl.java:119)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ClusterEnvelope.createObject(ClusterEnvelope.java:291)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ClusterEnvelope.getConnection(ClusterEnvelope.java:76)
	at com.sas.services.connection.AggregationKernel.doGetConnection(AggregationKernel.java:242)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactoryKernel.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryKernel.java:325)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactoryShell.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryShell.java:69)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactoryShell.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryShell.java:56)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:71)
	at com.sas.services.connection.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:46)
	at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMRConnectionImpl.makeConnection(MdOMRConnectionImpl.java:1380)
	... 11 more

Does anybody know what to do?

Kind regards 

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpage
SAS Employee

You need the SAS/SECURE jars on your classpath - sas.rutil.jar and sastpj.rutil.jar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think the exceptions are pretty clear. Looks like your SAS server is configured to accept AES-encrypted connections but your client isn't set up for that. Can your client app be configured for AES-encrypted connections? 

SebastianW
Calcite | Level 5

You are rigth. My SAS Server is configured to accept AES-encrypted connections. Unfortunately I don't know how to configure my Client, which uses the sas-Jars to connect to the Metadata-Server. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Sorry, I've never tried that myself so I can't really help any further. I suggest you track this to SAS Tech Support if you haven't done so already.

dpage
SAS Employee

You need the SAS/SECURE jars on your classpath - sas.rutil.jar and sastpj.rutil.jar

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation