BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MithunChindan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

I'm very new to this community, but after going through many posts in this community I hope I can get some help from some of you for my question.

I'm trying to use SAS as data source for Tableau, and for this I need SAS ODBC to be installed... can you pleaes provide me some link to download a trail version of SASA ODBC ( for Windows 7 machine ) ?

Regards,

Mithun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can find the required ODBC drivers here:

https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1574

If it is SAS data on your PC you are trying to access then you also need Base SAS installed and licensed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you have a SAS Server with the necessary licensing for acting as a ODBC server, you probably have that piece of SW in your SAS Software Depot.

But I think the ODBC driver is available as a separate download, just search support.sas.com.

Otherwise, just place a new SW order to SAS.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can find the required ODBC drivers here:

https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1574

If it is SAS data on your PC you are trying to access then you also need Base SAS installed and licensed.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I suspect that Tableau is implemented as a server, and therefore, you should access SAS data from a SAS server.

This means the use of a SAS/SHARE server, and a SAS/SHARE*NET license.

Data never sleeps
MithunChindan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have the Tableau server. now that I need to load the data from SAS,  to do that connectivity, I need to have SAS ODBC installed in my machine so that  I can create a DSN  by providing the SAS server details and then I can connect to it from Tableau.

I have gone through the link  https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1574   but it looks like it is licenced software... do we have any trial version of SAS ODBC ? so that I can download , install and try connecting from Tableau?

Regards,

Mithun

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The ODBC driver is "free", but the SAS server that should response from the ODBC driver calls is of course not free. See my earlier post for these requirements.

But who is responsible for your SAS data? They should be able to help you set up the necessary connection for you...

Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation