BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Bruno7
Obsidian | Level 7

Is it possible to change the default flow properties in SMC so we don't have to remember to right click on the flow and choose "Properties" with every flow we set up?  I would like 3 settings in particular to be defaulted:

"Attributes" tab:  radio button "Continue running the flow and change the flow state after the flow is complete.", and "Allow only one instance of the flow to run at a time."

"Job Properties" tab:  "Default queue:" - would like to default to dev queue when the flow is in dev, and prod queue when the flow is in prod.

Is it possible to default all flows to have these 3 settings?  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

I don't know of any way to change the default options, but you could probably write some code to find any that don't have those options set. Something like:

data _null_;
  length type id uri $ 50 flow_name $ 255;
  call missing (of _character_);
  obj="omsobj:JFJob?JFJob[Properties/Property[@Name='QUEUE' and @DefaultValue ne 'Dev']][Properties/Property[@Name='FlowExclusiveCriteria' and @DefaultValue ne 'Yes']][Properties/Property[@Name='FlowEndBehavior' and @DefaultValue ne '3']]";
  flow_rc=metadata_resolve(obj,type,id);
  put "NOTE: Found " flow_rc "flows that didn't have a the requisite properties set.";
  if flow_rc > 0 then do i=1 to flow_rc;
    rc=metadata_getnobj(obj,i,uri);
    rc=metadata_getattr(uri,"Name",flow_name);
    put uri= flow_name=;
  end;
run;
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

I don't know of any way to change the default options, but you could probably write some code to find any that don't have those options set. Something like:

data _null_;
  length type id uri $ 50 flow_name $ 255;
  call missing (of _character_);
  obj="omsobj:JFJob?JFJob[Properties/Property[@Name='QUEUE' and @DefaultValue ne 'Dev']][Properties/Property[@Name='FlowExclusiveCriteria' and @DefaultValue ne 'Yes']][Properties/Property[@Name='FlowEndBehavior' and @DefaultValue ne '3']]";
  flow_rc=metadata_resolve(obj,type,id);
  put "NOTE: Found " flow_rc "flows that didn't have a the requisite properties set.";
  if flow_rc > 0 then do i=1 to flow_rc;
    rc=metadata_getnobj(obj,i,uri);
    rc=metadata_getattr(uri,"Name",flow_name);
    put uri= flow_name=;
  end;
run;
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation