BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dkblue74
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

can anyone please tell me what a SAS license consists of, i.e. how many admin users, power users, etc.? And what kind of licenses can I lease: single user license, multi-user license, core related license? anything else?

Thanks and Best,

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To get a thorough answer, contact your SAS representative.

Basically, client-server SAS licenses depend on the CPU power (# of cores) of the server, not on user counts.

This is a typical setinit.sas file for SAS 9.2:

PROC SETINIT RELEASE='9.2';

SITEINFO NAME='your_organization_name'

SITE=sitenumber OSNAME='operating_system_designator' RECREATE WARN=33 GRACE=62

BIRTHDAY='creation_date'D  EXPIRE='expiration_date'D PASSWORD=a_number;

CPU MODEL=' ' MODNUM=' ' SERIAL=' ' NAME=CPU000;

EXPIRE 'product_number_1' 'product_number_2' .... 'product_number_X'

'expiration_date'D / CPU=CPU000;

SAVE; RUN;

Eileen1496
Obsidian | Level 7

HI Kurt, 

does CPU=CPU000 means I can only use CPU number 0? i have 47 cpu

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Eileen1496  - SAS licenses are not necessarily based on number of cores any more. Consult your SAS administrator, SAS software owner or SAS account manager for more details.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

A contract covering licenses is made by negotiations. It is up to you and the sales representative to agree on the contents.

For a classic single users SAS-base DMS approach (Eguide included) you have: Order SAS® Software: Order Form

For a server based approach as kurt said the server is leading.

Some impression you get by the system requirements of a tool/solution for example System Requirements--SAS® Enterprise Miner(TM) 13.1.

As the party having not all information and maybe not knowing impact of choices you are in a weak position for negotiations.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation