BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dkblue74
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

can anyone please tell me what a SAS license consists of, i.e. how many admin users, power users, etc.? And what kind of licenses can I lease: single user license, multi-user license, core related license? anything else?

Thanks and Best,

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To get a thorough answer, contact your SAS representative.

Basically, client-server SAS licenses depend on the CPU power (# of cores) of the server, not on user counts.

This is a typical setinit.sas file for SAS 9.2:

PROC SETINIT RELEASE='9.2';

SITEINFO NAME='your_organization_name'

SITE=sitenumber OSNAME='operating_system_designator' RECREATE WARN=33 GRACE=62

BIRTHDAY='creation_date'D  EXPIRE='expiration_date'D PASSWORD=a_number;

CPU MODEL=' ' MODNUM=' ' SERIAL=' ' NAME=CPU000;

EXPIRE 'product_number_1' 'product_number_2' .... 'product_number_X'

'expiration_date'D / CPU=CPU000;

SAVE; RUN;

Eileen1496
Obsidian | Level 7

HI Kurt, 

does CPU=CPU000 means I can only use CPU number 0? i have 47 cpu

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Eileen1496  - SAS licenses are not necessarily based on number of cores any more. Consult your SAS administrator, SAS software owner or SAS account manager for more details.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

A contract covering licenses is made by negotiations. It is up to you and the sales representative to agree on the contents.

For a classic single users SAS-base DMS approach (Eguide included) you have: Order SAS® Software: Order Form

For a server based approach as kurt said the server is leading.

Some impression you get by the system requirements of a tool/solution for example System Requirements--SAS® Enterprise Miner(TM) 13.1.

As the party having not all information and maybe not knowing impact of choices you are in a weak position for negotiations.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation