BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

one of our administrator renewed the SAS license using SAS DM and updated the SID file in metadata. when I ran the proc setinit; run; I see the new expiration dates. but when I view metadata setinit details in SAS SMC it is not updated with new expiration dates. I tried by restarting the server and refreshing the application server also but it is not fixed.  I believed they didn't followed the correct process. Any suggestions why it is not updated. 

Is there anything I can check?

- Windows server ; single machine environment

- office analytics

Thanks

V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpage
SAS Employee

Typically, yes. The process changed a bit in 9.4 (TS1M3) but I still think you'd have that log.

Usually if proc setinit shows one thing, and metadata show another it means part D got missed from http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikwinplannedri/66607/PDF/default/setinit_plann...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dpage
SAS Employee

Should be a log in the c:\sas\config\Lev1\Logs\Configure directory named   (Adjust path as appropriate) 

cfgwizard_loadSetinitintoMetadata followed by a date stamp.

With more details - if no such file exists it sounds like a step was missed. 

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @dpage,

There is no log - cfgwizard_loadSetinitintoMetadata

that means they did not updated the SID file in metadata?

Thanks,

V

dpage
SAS Employee

Typically, yes. The process changed a bit in 9.4 (TS1M3) but I still think you'd have that log.

Usually if proc setinit shows one thing, and metadata show another it means part D got missed from http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikwinplannedri/66607/PDF/default/setinit_plann...

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Yes. I believe they skipped the step D. I will updated it.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation