BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nf0701
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

The installation process failures on the step "Install Post Processing".

You can see the part of logs that includes the error defenition below. I have no idea what it means. Please take time for helping me.

2015-11-24 21:50:10 InstallationTask - Invocation of SAS returned 109
2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - An error occurred during processing:
2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - There is a problem that seems to be an issue with the installer: Could not invoke public static int com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall() on instance null
2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: Could not invoke public static int com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall() on instance null
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.ProcessingTask.invoke(ProcessingTask.java:111)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.Controller.postProcess(Controller.java:1476)
at com.sas.ssn.InstallToolConnector.postProcess(InstallToolConnector.java:778)
at com.sas.ssn.Chaining.launchInstall(Chaining.java:1168)
at com.sas.ssn.Chaining.installNext(Chaining.java:520)
at com.sas.ssn.Chaining.run(Chaining.java:283)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.ProcessingTask.invoke(ProcessingTask.java:104)
... 5 more
Caused by: com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 109
]
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.InstallationTask.processSASOutput(InstallationTask.java:836)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.winPostInstallExecute(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:183)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:76)
... 10 more

2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - Caused by:
2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
Caused by: com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 109
]
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.InstallationTask.processSASOutput(InstallationTask.java:836)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.winPostInstallExecute(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:183)
at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:76)
... 10 more

2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - Caused by:
2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 109
]
2015-11-24 21:50:10 Controller - com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 109
]

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for the info. I am afriad you need to do a clean install (re-image your pc and start the install). I suggest not to install java instead let sas to install private java. 

Please see the support note on the error note you have .

Cause

This issue might occur if the following steps have occurred:

• If you previously installed some SAS client products such as SAS® Enterprise Guide® or the SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office from a SAS 9.4 TS1M0 or SAS 9.4 TS1M1 order. And, importantly, these clients were installed with all languages selected.
  • You then installed Base SAS® and/or other SAS® Foundation products in just English. Note the discrepancy in the sets of languages installed between these two steps.
  • Then you attempted to apply software updates from a SAS 9.4 TS1M2 software order to the existing SAS software. When all languages are installed for some products but not for Base SAS, the SAS® Deployment Wizard tries to update all languages for Base SAS. If all languages are not installed for Base SAS, the buildSASDesktop task within Install Post Processing fails. The editSASConfig task creates sasv9.cfg files and only partially installs the languages. The German (de) language is the first one on the list to build and appears in the IT log as in the example above.

Workaround

To work around this issue, reinstall only Base SAS from the software order that was last used to install Base SAS. Select all languages to be installed with Base SAS. Once Base SAS for all languages has been installed, you can apply the software updates from your new software order

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/323.html

Best Regards,

Sai 

Sai Korrapati

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

It looks to me like it could be an issue with Java. What SAS version are you installing? If it is 9.4 then SAS installs its own Java version. If it is an earlier version then you need to ensure you have the correct version of Java installed yourself.

Also you could just try to re-install and see if you get the same problem.

JennieL
Calcite | Level 5

I am also having this issue: the last part of the installation log has

2016-09-01 14:06:12    InstallationTask - end of SAS log

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - An error occurred during processing: 

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - There is a problem that seems to be an issue with the installer:  Could not invoke public static int com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall() on instance null

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: Could not invoke public static int com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall() on instance null

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.ProcessingTask.invoke(ProcessingTask.java:90)

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.Controller.postProcess(Controller.java:1443)

at com.sas.ssn.InstallToolConnector.postProcess(InstallToolConnector.java:626)

at com.sas.ssn.Chaining.launchInstall(Chaining.java:1059)

at com.sas.ssn.Chaining.installNext(Chaining.java:455)

at com.sas.ssn.Chaining.run(Chaining.java:255)

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.ProcessingTask.invoke(ProcessingTask.java:83)

... 5 more

Caused by: com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 104

]

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.InstallationTask.processSASOutput(InstallationTask.java:807)

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.winPostInstallExecute(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:176)

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:72)

... 10 more

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - Caused by: 

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Caused by: com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 104

]

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.InstallationTask.processSASOutput(InstallationTask.java:807)

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.winPostInstallExecute(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:176)

at com.sas.tools.installs.it.tasks.BuildSASDesktopTask.postInstall(BuildSASDesktopTask.java:72)

... 10 more

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - Caused by: 

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 104

]

2016-09-01 14:06:12    Controller - com.sas.tools.installs.it.InstallException: SAS Foundation error while performing post install task [SAS invocation return code of 104

]

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling very many times, and I don't have any idea what the problem is, or how to resolve it.  I've searched SAS support without success; our ITS is similarly unable to diagnose the issue.  If there is any advice anyone can give, I would be very grateful!

Jennie.

userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jennie, 

Could you pls share more details such as 

1) which version you are trying to install 9.4 M2 or M3 or etc

2) What is the Host OS . Is it a Server or desktop 

3) Have you installed the required third party software first . Is the server / PC has .net sp4 or powershell etc

4) Are there any warnings or errors you got before this step of the installation . 

Best Regards,

Sai Korrapati

Sai Korrapati
JennieL
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your response!

I am trying to install SAS 9.4 TS1M3, on a desktop computer running Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1.

As far as I know I have all required third party software.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Java (as I suspect it is a Java issue), even though 9.4 supposedly installs its own version.

This is the only error I get. On previous attempts I got an error during the Base SAS installation step, which was apparently due to short folder names not being enabled.  When I had ITS push out a fix to enable short folder names, this error stopped appearing, but I still get the Install Post-Processing Error.

Best,

Jennie.

userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for the info. I am afriad you need to do a clean install (re-image your pc and start the install). I suggest not to install java instead let sas to install private java. 

Please see the support note on the error note you have .

Cause

This issue might occur if the following steps have occurred:

• If you previously installed some SAS client products such as SAS® Enterprise Guide® or the SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office from a SAS 9.4 TS1M0 or SAS 9.4 TS1M1 order. And, importantly, these clients were installed with all languages selected.
  • You then installed Base SAS® and/or other SAS® Foundation products in just English. Note the discrepancy in the sets of languages installed between these two steps.
  • Then you attempted to apply software updates from a SAS 9.4 TS1M2 software order to the existing SAS software. When all languages are installed for some products but not for Base SAS, the SAS® Deployment Wizard tries to update all languages for Base SAS. If all languages are not installed for Base SAS, the buildSASDesktop task within Install Post Processing fails. The editSASConfig task creates sasv9.cfg files and only partially installs the languages. The German (de) language is the first one on the list to build and appears in the IT log as in the example above.

Workaround

To work around this issue, reinstall only Base SAS from the software order that was last used to install Base SAS. Select all languages to be installed with Base SAS. Once Base SAS for all languages has been installed, you can apply the software updates from your new software order

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/323.html

Best Regards,

Sai 

Sai Korrapati

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation