BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vk99
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I'm trying to install and configure SAS 9.4 EBI M8 release in fips enabled RHEL 8.7 OS (Fips140-2 complaint). Installation was successful and updated sasenv_local file with TKERSA2_OPENSSL_LIB=, TKESSL_OPENSSL_LIB=, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH= with OpenSSL libraries. SASMetadata Configuration (fips enabled) was successful.

I completed the installation in compute server and specified openssl library options in sasenv_local file and tried to configure sas. I encountered an issue in SAS DW configuration - I provided sasadm@saspw credentials in the SAS Internal account: Unrestricted Administrator page and was unable to connect to the metadata server:

Error - Unable to connect. This may be due to invalid credentials....incorrect information...or no server running. 

I'm able to connect to the metadata server port - 8561 from compute server and also, tested connectivity from the sasmc client in compute server with sasadm@saspw acount credentials.

I reviewed metadata logs and sasdw logs. I see connection attempts from compute server - SASDW in metadata logs - Error [00004294] - installeraccountname - Encryption run-time error.

Error in sasdw logs - 
WARNING: Error testing connection to the metadata server: An exception was thrown during the encryption key exchange.
Caused by:
com.sas.metadata.remote.MdException: An exception was thrown during the encryption key exchange.
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: An exception was thrown during the encryption key exchange. vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No

How can I fix this error Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This sounds like a problem for Tech Support if you haven't opened a ticket already.

vk99
Fluorite | Level 6

@SASKiwi , I already opened a ticket with SAS tech support.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I wonder if you need to set those variables on your compute tier too before running the SAS Deployment Wizard?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
vk99
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS TS sent an updated setup.jar file to resolve the issue.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation