BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Previously  we used to install SAS on clients machine using Network share from a local server.Recently we are encountering problem like shown below.

Operating System - Windows 7

Did anybody encountered this type of issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I have found that at least in 9.2 the installation process on Windows 7 is flaky, leading to unexpected results. Especially when trying silent installations.

See if you can find and read the file specified (just copy it from the network to a local location).

If that works, open a thread with SAS tech support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Very limited information to go on but it sounds like a network or authorisation problem rather than a sas problem.

Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I have found that at least in 9.2 the installation process on Windows 7 is flaky, leading to unexpected results. Especially when trying silent installations.

See if you can find and read the file specified (just copy it from the network to a local location).

If that works, open a thread with SAS tech support.

JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

I tried by copying to local machine it worked.I think it's a bug need to check with SAS Tech support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation