BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Previously  we used to install SAS on clients machine using Network share from a local server.Recently we are encountering problem like shown below.

Operating System - Windows 7

Did anybody encountered this type of issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I have found that at least in 9.2 the installation process on Windows 7 is flaky, leading to unexpected results. Especially when trying silent installations.

See if you can find and read the file specified (just copy it from the network to a local location).

If that works, open a thread with SAS tech support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Very limited information to go on but it sounds like a network or authorisation problem rather than a sas problem.

Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I have found that at least in 9.2 the installation process on Windows 7 is flaky, leading to unexpected results. Especially when trying silent installations.

See if you can find and read the file specified (just copy it from the network to a local location).

If that works, open a thread with SAS tech support.

JasonNC
Quartz | Level 8

I tried by copying to local machine it worked.I think it's a bug need to check with SAS Tech support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation