BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

To install E4Y007 hotfix, we need to apply below hotfixes as well,

How can we know  “SAS Data Loader Mid-Tier 3.1 installed” and “ SAS Threaded Kernel 9.4_M6 installed” on our machines?

proc product_status;

run;

or

proc setinit;

run;

above procedures didn’t help us. Please can you suggest  how to check the them.

NOTE: If you install this hot fix you must also install hot fixes D9T039 and D9T084 for Base SAS 9.4_M6.
If you install this hot fix and have SAS Threaded Kernel 9.4_M6 installed, you must also install hot fix F8C003.
If you install this hot fix and have SAS Interface to Viya Model Publishing and Scoring 8.3 installed, you must also install hot fix F6M001.
If you install this hot fix and have SAS Data Loader Mid-Tier 3.1 installed, you must also install hot fix B3I004.

Thanks,

SS

5 REPLIES 5
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13
Did you check the deployment registry report?
https://support.sas.com/kb/35/968.html
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Yes, I did and I ran SASHFADD.pl. When I was doing manual checks,  I got to know about this.

do we need to install them? 

especially with "If you install this hot fix and have SAS Data Loader Mid-Tier 3.1 installed, you must also install hot fix B3I004."

AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Deployment registry can help you figure out which components are installed on your SAS machines. If there are any dependent hot-fixes listed for products installed at your site, you should install them too.

Deployment registry has to be executed on all the machines as part of your environment.

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for this.

Installed  D8N012 hot fix but it asking to update templates for SMC

I can do1,3,4 points below through SMC . but not sure about 2nd point ,where can I find this option in EM ?(there is no "Metadata manager" tab in EM,I can see it SMC only

1) Open SAS Management Console
2) Open Metadata Manager in Environment Manager
3) Right-click on Active Server
4) Choose Upgrade Metadata

https://tshf.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/D/D8N/D8N012/xx/lax/D8N012la.html

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
That should say "Environment Management", which is the folder in SAS Management Console that contains the "Metadata Manager" plug-in
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation