BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Alessandro
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I need help for answer a big question about SAS Environment Manager vs. RTM for monitoring the SAS 9.4 GRID's Environment

It's possible to use only RTM instead SAS Environment Manager for monitoring?

Has RTM resources enough to have be used as an exclusive monitoring tool on SAS GRID's Environment?

Thanks a lot for contribution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
urpolo
SAS Employee

Hi,

RTM can be used to manage Grid for SAS 9 versions .   RTM can not be used to manage the SAS Environment like Resources availability, CPU usuage, etc.  In SAS 9.4 M4, there are quite a few number of enhancements in SAS Environment Manager.  Our current documentation documents those features..

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/gridref/69583/PDF/default/gridref.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
urpolo
SAS Employee

Hi,

RTM can be used to manage Grid for SAS 9 versions .   RTM can not be used to manage the SAS Environment like Resources availability, CPU usuage, etc.  In SAS 9.4 M4, there are quite a few number of enhancements in SAS Environment Manager.  Our current documentation documents those features..

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/gridref/69583/PDF/default/gridref.pdf

anja
SAS Employee

Hi there,

In addition to what U. said:

It is important to note - that might rather fall into the FYI category - that you can only use either or.

Do not run RTM and Env Mgr on the same machine, or use it together.

Both clients are not in sync, meaning, any new objects you create cannot be seen in RTM and

vice versa.The SAS Env Manager has a great Grid Manager module included, which provides you with many of

the same features RTM does.

I think Env Mgr is easier to use and its more comfortable as it is smoothly incuded into the SAS platfrom.

Meaning, not only can you manage the Grid with it, but at the same time you can monitor resources in the grid,

use alerting, manage users, groups, libraries etc etc .. the features in Env Mgr are pretty endless.

If you already use RTM, I would probably stick with it for now If you are new to Grid, I would rather go with

the Env Manager.

Thanks

Anja

Alessandro
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot for your information

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation