BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

When I'm executing the emi_init.sh -i script, getting the following error :

Script execution failed for emiInit.groovy

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'resourceProperty' on null object .....

How we can overcome this issue, any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@SAS_1001,

You can get that message when there are duplicate Data Mart resources discovered. Please do the following:

1. Login to SAS Environment Manager web console and check if there are multiple "SAS Environment Manager Data Mart 9.4" resources. This would be visible under resources -> servers. If multiple Data Marts exist, then delete any extra so there is only one visible.

2. Run emi_init with additional debugging:
./emi_init –i -d -v

3. If it still fails, please send the following information:

• Screen shots from SAS Environment Manager web console
  • Send console output from running ./emi_init –i -d -v
  • Send the new logs written to: /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/Logs/*

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alexal
SAS Employee

@SAS_1001,

You can get that message when there are duplicate Data Mart resources discovered. Please do the following:

1. Login to SAS Environment Manager web console and check if there are multiple "SAS Environment Manager Data Mart 9.4" resources. This would be visible under resources -> servers. If multiple Data Marts exist, then delete any extra so there is only one visible.

2. Run emi_init with additional debugging:
./emi_init –i -d -v

3. If it still fails, please send the following information:

• Screen shots from SAS Environment Manager web console
  • Send console output from running ./emi_init –i -d -v
  • Send the new logs written to: /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/Logs/*
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
I see three data marts pertaining to all the three compute servers, which one should be deleted, Compute1, compute2 or compute3 ?
Thanks!
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
This solves the issue. Thank you so much !!!
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
Subsequently, when I launched ./emi_init.sh --enable ACM, I see the same issue i.e.
script execution Failed for emiIinit.groovy. Pl. advise what next next steps we need to take. Thanks and appreciated....
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
This issue also got fixed with redundant datamarts. Removed them and the issue was fixed. Thanks !
SAS_1001
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much !
I’ll try it and get back to you.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation