BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi team,

I'm updating the SAS Environment Manager Agent configuration with SAS 9.4 ship event 17w25. The SAS Deployment Manager fails the update with a 'stack overflow' and a 'Unknown error has occured' error. No more errors are availble. Also, the SAS Environment Manager Agent item appears twice in the SAS Deployment Manager items, see attached screenshot.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Nico.

Capture.PNG
10 REPLIES 10
alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

It's very hard to say what went wrong based on the screenshot. I would like to review the most recent IT & SDM logs:

• IT_*.log from /<SASHome>/InstallMisc/InstallLogs
  • SDM_*.log from /<INSTALLER_HOME>/.SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks alexal,

No IT logs were produced and the SDW logs just refer you back to the logs under ../Configure/Logs and those only state the error I mentioned previously.

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

Please restart SAS Deployment Manager with an option "-loglevel 2", repeat a problem and check these folders again.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi alexal,

The results are the same as previously now with loglevel=2

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

What about log files? It's almost impossible that SAS Deployment Manager is not creating the log file.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11
  • IT_*.log from /<SASHome>/InstallMisc/InstallLogs

The SDM didn't produce any IT_* logs here

• SDM_*.log from /<INSTALLER_HOME>/.SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard

There are logs here, but they just mention the logs under ..\Lev1\Logs\Configure

• ..\Lev1\Logs\Configure

These logs just mention the 'stack overflow' and 'An unexpected....' errors

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

May I ask you to show the most recent log file from ..\Lev1\Logs\Configure?

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Sure, can I perhaps email them to you ?

I cannot remove the client information from the logs, to many.

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

You can send me a private message here and attach the log file. Or open a technical support track by sending a message to support@sas.com.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for the tip

I have already opened a Track # 7612159687

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation