BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi team,

I'm updating the SAS Environment Manager Agent configuration with SAS 9.4 ship event 17w25. The SAS Deployment Manager fails the update with a 'stack overflow' and a 'Unknown error has occured' error. No more errors are availble. Also, the SAS Environment Manager Agent item appears twice in the SAS Deployment Manager items, see attached screenshot.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Nico.

Capture.PNG
10 REPLIES 10
alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

It's very hard to say what went wrong based on the screenshot. I would like to review the most recent IT & SDM logs:

• IT_*.log from /<SASHome>/InstallMisc/InstallLogs
  • SDM_*.log from /<INSTALLER_HOME>/.SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks alexal,

No IT logs were produced and the SDW logs just refer you back to the logs under ../Configure/Logs and those only state the error I mentioned previously.

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

Please restart SAS Deployment Manager with an option "-loglevel 2", repeat a problem and check these folders again.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi alexal,

The results are the same as previously now with loglevel=2

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

What about log files? It's almost impossible that SAS Deployment Manager is not creating the log file.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11
  • IT_*.log from /<SASHome>/InstallMisc/InstallLogs

The SDM didn't produce any IT_* logs here

• SDM_*.log from /<INSTALLER_HOME>/.SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard

There are logs here, but they just mention the logs under ..\Lev1\Logs\Configure

• ..\Lev1\Logs\Configure

These logs just mention the 'stack overflow' and 'An unexpected....' errors

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

May I ask you to show the most recent log file from ..\Lev1\Logs\Configure?

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Sure, can I perhaps email them to you ?

I cannot remove the client information from the logs, to many.

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

You can send me a private message here and attach the log file. Or open a technical support track by sending a message to support@sas.com.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for the tip

I have already opened a Track # 7612159687

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation