BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I dont want sas users to access environment manager except sas administrators !

how can i make this happen? I (sas-admin) removed all the roles&groups attached to myslef and now i became 'sas user' not 'sas admin' and i can login to sas env mgr, I dont want this happen 

and one more basic question regarding a groups/roles in smc--> if a group doesnt consist any roles at all, the group is invalid ? does it make sense to have a group without roles ?

for example "SAS Environment Manager Super Guests" doesnt have any roles... then this group make any sense ? if yes HOW ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Environment Manager Super Users is a SAS-defined metadata group that has its own native capability - accessing and maintaining Env Mgr. See here for a more detailed explanation:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/69029/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0nwcxbelfbig9n1ouz5j...

If you want to restrict access to SAS Administrators then the easiest way is probably to create a new Administrators group in your SAS metadata, then add SAS Adminstrators AND SAS Environment Manager Super Users to this new group. That way you will be able to administer both your SMC SAS and Env Mgr environments using one metadata definition. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Environment Manager Super Users is a SAS-defined metadata group that has its own native capability - accessing and maintaining Env Mgr. See here for a more detailed explanation:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/69029/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0nwcxbelfbig9n1ouz5j...

If you want to restrict access to SAS Administrators then the easiest way is probably to create a new Administrators group in your SAS metadata, then add SAS Adminstrators AND SAS Environment Manager Super Users to this new group. That way you will be able to administer both your SMC SAS and Env Mgr environments using one metadata definition. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation