BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobbieFreddie
Calcite | Level 5

So in the fun world we live in, and to make a long story short, we have made the decision at my organization to purchase Text Miner to add to our SAS product line up.  The fun part comes, in that we have a 9.1.3 environment(where the decision was made to purchase Text Miner), a 9.2 environment(which we are wrapping up testing and moving users over too), and we will be setting up a 9.3 environment soon (test stage). 

This may be a silly question, but I'm assuming that we will have to work with the guys at SAS to have all 3 different media sets, plus having a unique SID file for each SAS version environment?  I know there are notable differences going from the 9.1.3 to the 9.2, and I'm reading documentation on going from 9.2 to 9.3.  We would be satisfied I'm sure if we just load this on the 9.2 environment and move forward from there.

I think I mainly wanted to start this discussion so I can post again later with details on how we approached this situation, so that it might help others out in the near future.  If you have been in a similar situation, give me some input!  If you'd like of course.

1 REPLY 1
jag_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi RobbieFreddie,

Yes you would need different media (orders) and license files for all three releases. SAS 9.2 and 9.3 depots are available via Electronic Software Download so that should help move things along more quickly (from that depot you can burn media if you'd like a physical copy). Another point to keep in mind is that your 9.2 and 9.3 orders should not reside in the same depot. Multiple 9.3 orders in one depot is fine and multiple 9.2 orders in a separate depot is fine, but orders from the two should not be in the same depot.

Cheers!

Jawna

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation