BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
varunkore
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

What exactly  is Enterprise Miner Workstation?

My understanding is that it should enable me to develop models even when I am not connected to the SAS server on my network. But when I try to create a project it says "The server process did not start".

Is my understanding correct? Could you point me to some resource that can help me understand this better.

Regards,

Varun.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are not connected to a remote SAS server, then EM workstation would then need to connect to a 'local' SAS server on your workstation. This requires that you have Foundation SAS (Base SAS) and SAS/STAT installed on your workstation. I suggest you check for these in Windows Control Panel.

bishal18
SAS Employee

Hello,

SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation is a standalone variety of SAS Enterprise Miner that is designed to work locally on the machine where it is installed via a basic installation. You are correct- you do not connect to any server(s) when you use this variety to create mining projects. They are all processed and stored locally.

Here is a SAS note that documents common error messages encountered during project creation. I think it does document the one you are seeing as well:

Problem Note 58799: Diagnosing and resolving SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) project creation errors

http://support.sas.com/kb/58/799.html 

I would review this SAS note.

Thanks,

Bishal

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation