BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
moorsd
Obsidian | Level 7

Has anyone tried applying a different version of the SAS Embedded Process compared to their 'standard' installation version number. i.e. SAS 9.4 M2 everywhere except for the Embedded Process on Hadoop which could be SAS 9.4 M3/4?

Also, does anyone know what changes have been made between the M3 SAS EP and the M4 EP. What would be the benefit of using a M3 EP vs a M4 EP be? Why not just use the M4 version of the EP, as it's the most current?

I'm aware there may be a maintenance / support issue, and conversations are taking place re this. The above set up would only be for a couple of months until a full M4 upgrade takes place for all SAS components. 

It's more the technical compatilibily issues I'm looking for advice / help with.

thanks

David

1 REPLY 1
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

some of the new features are described here
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/indbag/69749/HTML/default/viewer.htm#indbagwhatsnew94.ht...

As for version "mixing". I would strongly encourage not to do that. Even if it might work, mixing maintenance releases

is not supported!

Thanks

Anja

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation