BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

I need to restrict Users to access .exe files from SAS E.G. Please suggest from SAS Management console or any configurations needs to be changed.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

By default when SAS is installed, users are unable to call operating system commands from within EG. This option can be switched on or off in SAS Management Console. You will find it in the Properties for the Workspace Server.

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8
Hi SASKiwi,
The option Allow XCMD is enabled in workspace server Advanced Options. If i disable this users canoot access .exe files,Does My understanding is Correct?
Best Regards,
Sandeep
SASKiwi
PROC Star

That disables the use of the SAS X command which can run .exe files and other executables from their EG SAS session.

Reeza
Super User

You'll also turn off the ability to call scripts or any system command. 

XCMD being on means at some point someone made an explicit decision to turn this on. This security setting should be on the OS to disallow a user to run an exe, not SAS. SAS will launch the exe app but any other restrictions will still be in play. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation