BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tajinder
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Friends,

I have been using the SAS EG version on my desktop and connect to SAS Local server for my data imports and running the SAS EG program (built through front end query builder option).

I now have to handover to a operation guy whose job would be to import the file,run the program and take the output on desktop SAS EG.

Request you guys to pls help me how do I put control mechanism so that the operation guy who inputs the revised files for processing (during data import stage) does not get edit access to the programs written in the project. His privilege would only login through AD Id and get to do the import data function only,post which he can run on the “Run process flow” button and take the output.

If there is any SAS wrapper kind of tool available (pls do suggest) from where Users can login through their windows ad id and call SAS EG Import data function and run the program without going into SAS EG desktop tool ?

I know there are options from SAS Management console, but could not find anything on setting up the admin controls for SAS EG running on desktop machines.

Have attached the screen of SAS EG.

Thanking you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Tajinder 

If you are running SAS Local server without metadata, then you won't be able to use roles to control access for enterprise guide features. you can use OS level permissions to restrict users from making any changes to the files.

Another way I can think of is using batch. you can export your process flow as code and then this can be run via batch mode using .bat wrapper script. End user only needs to import the correct input file at given location and execute the flow via this wrapper. This wrapper has to be developed outside of SAS.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Tajinder 

If you are running SAS Local server without metadata, then you won't be able to use roles to control access for enterprise guide features. you can use OS level permissions to restrict users from making any changes to the files.

Another way I can think of is using batch. you can export your process flow as code and then this can be run via batch mode using .bat wrapper script. End user only needs to import the correct input file at given location and execute the flow via this wrapper. This wrapper has to be developed outside of SAS.

Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation