BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stephen1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

i try to customise my existing SAS installation. Since i installed a new ODBC driver i get an error message (see attached PNG).

Has someone a suitable solution for me ?

KR,

SAS_ERROR.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

how did you install? Did you run the setup.exe and chose "install additional software"?

Thanks

Anja

ballardw
Super User

Which version of SAS do you have currently intalled?

The error message looks like the ODBC drivers are for SAS 9.4.3. If your SAS install is lower numbered than that it would generate the error.

Stephen1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ballardw,

currently installed is SAS 9.4.0 - due to ODBC problems, i tried the new ODBC 9.4.3 driver. Now, my installation is completely confused ...

ballardw
Super User

With a current license you should be able to get an update to the entire install and I would expect this to help. You may have to nag your local SAS admin though.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

usually you should match releases whenever you install. Tech Sup will be able to help you fixing a version incompatibility.

Thanks

Anja

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation