BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Say I'm installing SAS Foundation + Clients on my local machine (Windows).  So I launch setup.exe, select Install SAS Foundation and Related Software, and get something like the attached screenshot.

So what exactly is the "Info" column meant to do?  I click what appears to be an icon and...nothing.  What "info" is the installation wizard meant to be providing?

Is there a documentation link that actually gives me the info for each of these module choices?  For example, what do I get (or don't get) with "Report Fonts for Clients" or "Standalone Formats"?

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
3 REPLIES 3
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

(Wow...1K file size limit for attachments.  Sorry I couldn't get my screenshot that small.  Hopefully the message makes sense without the screenshot.)

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
jag_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Scott. When you hover over the info icon you should see additional information pop up. If that is not happening for some or any of the products that have the info icon by them then that would be bug and we'd want to get a defect opened. Let me know if you find this to be the case and for the specific product and I can then find a resource internally here to check it out and try to reproduce the behavior.

ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Jag,

Thanks.  It looked like an icon to me, so I'd always just clicked it.  I never hovered long enough for the pop up to happen.  Now that I do hover, I get the pop up, but some of the longer ones disappear before I've had a chance to read them.

I do think a click icon/dialog window paradigm would have been more intuitive.

Regards,

Scott

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation