BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Folks,

We are unable to launch SAS deployment manager in SAS 9.2 on AIX server. I can open the sasmc without any issue. I have activated the x11 on the putty.

However when we open the sdm its throws the below error.

Error: Missing /opt/SAS/SAS92/SASDeploymentManager/9.2/products/xxxxxxxx/../../setup.dat.

9 REPLIES 9
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Do you have write permission on the /tmp directory? Usually when you launch SDM or SDW there is a tmp directory created as the process is launched.

David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

@Anand_V 

Yes, user has the access to /temp dir at root level. User has admin rights.

David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

@Anand_V 

As per sdm script deploywiz.sh, seems like this script throwing error at this condition.

1) ERROR:Missing......:
# Test for an INI file paired with the shell script (by script name)
inifile="`locate_data_file "$startuplocation/$script" ".ini"`"
if [ ! "$inifile" ] ; then
$echo "Error: Missing $script.ini."

2) ERROR:Missing......:

# Parse the master properties file if it exists

if [ "$PROPERTY_MASTERPROP" ] ; then
# The path to the master property file may be relative or absolute
if [ ! "`set -f ; $echo $PROPERTY_MASTERPROP | sed -n '/^\// {p;}'`" ] ; then
PROPERTY_MASTERPROP="$startuplocation/$PROPERTY_MASTERPROP"
fi

if [ -f "$PROPERTY_MASTERPROP" ] ; then
load_properties "$PROPERTY_MASTERPROP" properties
else
$echo "Error: Missing $PROPERTY_MASTERPROP."
exit 1
fi
fi

exit 1
fi

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
$PROPERTY_MASTERPROP should be pointing to your <sas-home>/sassw.config file.
$startuplocation/$script" ".ini"`" should be pointing to the sasdm.ini file in the same directory as sasdm.sh is located.
alexal
SAS Employee

@David_paul ,

Something is wrong with your SAS Software Depot. I can't find right now the Depot Checker Utility for SAS 9.2, but most likely you have to download again the SAS Software Depot.

David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

@alexal @Anand_V 

Thanks, I am not aware about sas depot location, Is there any to find out sas depot path?

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
SAS Depot is just where you store your SAS software order at your site. The folder that contains (setup.sh and setup.exe in the main folder)
David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I now this. But is there any way we can find location of sas depot from sashome dir?

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You can try going to the home directory of the installer account and looking at the previous logs generated by the SAS Deployment Wizard.

On my system, I sudo to installer account, then go to the ".SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard" within the home directory. IN this directory there are logs from every time I ran the Wizard or Deployment Manager on that server. I have a "sdwpreferences.txt" file which has various values pointing to my Software Depot folder (like LastProjDir which points to the plan file I used for installation).

I also see it in all the "SDW_<date>_<timestamp>.log" logs. At the top it shows the command that was run. Mine looks like this:

INFO: Command Arguments: -startuplocation /sasdepot/9.4TS1M5_9BYCNN -templocation /tmp/_setup19272 -templocation /tmp/_setup19272

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation