BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear All,

i am receiving SAS COntent validation error due to validation via SAS Management Console.

The following error message atteched to this post.

SEVERE: Code 403:Forbidden

Could you please support and suggest how and where i have to check/adjust some setting in order to fix this.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

12 REPLIES 12
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @gorata 

What is the ID you are using to validate content server? Are you able to use the same ID to login to content server web page? http://host:7980/SASContentServer

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

and thank you for your responce.

When i try to open SAS COntent Server via 

http://myserverl:7980/SASContentServer/

i am receiving the following error message after log in:

"HTTP Status 404 - Not Found"

Kindly suggest.

best regards

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

in Addidion:

in SAS MC i am validation SAS COntent Server via sasadm@saspw user.

Also in a wen i am loging with the same user.

Thank you!

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
- Have you been able to validate the content server before Or this is the first time you are doing this?
- Were there any changes made to the configuration before you tried the validation?
- Are you able to access other SAS Web Applications?

403 usually means you don't have permission to access the resource. However since you are using sasadm@saspw (unrestricted user) you should have access to all the applications by default, unless something was explicitly changed.
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

to your questions:

- Have you been able to validate the content server before Or this is the first time you are doing this? - > No. This is the first time.
- Were there any changes made to the configuration before you tried the validation?- > Yes. We executed SAS Host Name Reference Excahnge (via Deployment Manager) After this we were not able to access 1 of the Web Applications (SAS CI Studio) with error message (Persistence of the required object xyz could not be finded"
- Are you able to access other SAS Web Applications?- > Yes 

For example we are able to access SAS Studio

SAS Admin Console (Web) 

Only access to SAS CI stuio is currently not possible..

Thank you!

Best regards

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
To confirm, you have also performed all the manual changes that might be listed depending on your site in the html page generated after performing the update host-name step?

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n0zdcqxsmd21wtn17vt0w2prek90.htm&docse...
The report that is generated by the Update Host Name References tool might list other files that were not updated by the tool.
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

i am confirming that i already did the manually steps which were described in Summary documentation ChangeHostName.html."

Required Steps to Complete Host Name References"

best regards

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Regarding this documentation guideline:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n0zdcqxsmd21wtn17vt0w2prek90.htm&docse...

and especially the section [see my comments in red]: 

Modifications Not Performed by the Update Host Name References Tool

The Update Host Name References tool does not modify host names in the following locations in your deployment:
  • certificates for Transport Layer Security (TLS), if TLS has been configured for SAS Web Server. Instructions for changing host name references in these certificates are provided in the report that is generated when you run the tool. [i am not sure how to do this. Please kindly suggest where i have to check for this i did not found nothing reg this.]
  • log files. It is not necessary to update host names in log files, since these files contain historical information that is not used in processing.[not required]
  • binary files, temporary files, and SAS data sets. Any files of these types that are found in the SAS configuration directory are ignored.
  • user IDs for Windows accounts that are stored in metadata and are qualified with a machine name. Accounts that are associated with the SAS General Servers group (typically host-name\sassrv) are examples. These user IDs must be updated manually using SAS Management Console.[we have Linux environment]
  • users’ connection profiles on client machines (unless the client software is listed in Client Software Components That Require Changes to Host Name References). For other client software, connection profiles must be updated manually on each client machine if the metadata server’s host name has changed.
  • the sas-environment.xml file in SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Common on middle-tier machines. This file is not updated automatically because it might contain site-specific customizations that need to be preserved.[changed/adjusted]
  • multicast parameters on middle-tier machines. If you have created a new deployment that will be running concurrently with your original deployment, then you might need to modify these parameters to avoid potential conflicts.[not sure where to update. currently the multicast adresses from source and clone/destination environment are the same]
  • Windows user IDs that are associated with scheduled reports. If the user ID is qualified by a machine name or network domain name that has changed, then you will need to reschedule the report after running the Update Host Name References tool.[not required]

Thank you!

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Do you have any entries in the white-listed URLs property in SMC? Can you check they point to correct host name? Here are the steps to check:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bimtag&docsetTarget=p1xtsni38p58t3n1ljd2fy4c3joz.htm&docs...

certificates for Transport Layer Security (TLS), if TLS has been configured for SAS Web Server. Instructions for changing host name references in these certificates are provided in the report that is generated when you run the tool. [i am not sure how to do this. Please kindly suggest where i have to check for this i did not found nothing reg this.]
- I think since your site doesn't have SSL/TLS configured you didn't get the steps in the report generated by the utility. So you can ignore this one.
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello ,

Thanks for your input.
I checked.
I do not have any entries in the white-listed URLs in MC.

Best regards
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
What do you see in the logs? Could you please share the logs?
/SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASContentServer9.4.log
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Also check for content server logs. Default location:
WebDAV Server
SAS® Content Server*:
/SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASContentServer9.4.log

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation