BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kheger
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to run a 9.3 SAS script in Linux in the following manner but I only get the.log output.

exec myproc.sas -log a/b/c/output.log -print a/b/c/output.lst

Any idea about what causes the .lst file to not be produced?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Two reasons are:

SAS job does not contain any steps printing output.

SAS job re-directs printed output internally.

What does the SAS log report?

kheger
Fluorite | Level 6

It reports

options nomprint nomlogic nosymbolgen nosource noquotelenmax;

mebass
SAS Employee

The PRINT system option only applies in batch mode, but that looks like what you’re using. Also, as SASKiwi says, be sure your proc is producing output.

You can try using the ALTPRINT option to specify that output goes to the default output file and to the file that you specify. If that works, I wonder if there isn’t a –NOPRINT somewhere (possibly in a config file?) that’s overriding your –PRINT setting?

ALTPRINT:  Using SAS System Options to Route Output: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostunx/63053/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p135tcvpnrcytnn1ga...

You can check to see what the system setting for the PRINT system option is by invoking the VALUE option in the OPTIONS statement. See an example here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostunx/63053/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0st7h83w14sqwn1p3...

kheger
Fluorite | Level 6

The script is indeed run in batch mode.

The -altlog - altprint produced the same result (i.e. only log generated).

The value of PRINT gave the following output:

Option Value Information For SAS Option PRINT

Value: /a/b/c/output.lst

Scope: Program

How option value set: Internal

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation