BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashkaan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I encounter the following message (Running as user root on hostname) when I use cleanwork command:

Screenshot_8.png

After changing the owner to root:

Screenshot_9.png

Please let me know if there are any mistakes and how do I use cleanwork command on Redhat 7?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @ashkaan ,

I do not think you should change ownership to roop, I would leave the ownership as it defaults by SAS installation.

There is nothing wrong with this message, it is just an informative message for whom triggers the utility, but the utility still runs OK. There is a reason for having this message: you will run the tool with elevated privileges and you will clean the work folders not only of your user, but for all the users. Again, just a positive warning, not an error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @ashkaan ,

I do not think you should change ownership to roop, I would leave the ownership as it defaults by SAS installation.

There is nothing wrong with this message, it is just an informative message for whom triggers the utility, but the utility still runs OK. There is a reason for having this message: you will run the tool with elevated privileges and you will clean the work folders not only of your user, but for all the users. Again, just a positive warning, not an error.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

You don't need to change permissions of the utility itself, you need to just run it using root or sudo ID. 

sudo <path-to-clean-work>/cleanwork <path-to-sas-work>

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Leave the program file as is, do not change its ownership or permissions, these are fine per default.

Just run it from root, as you obviously do; the message is there for information purposes (I guess they did it so technical support can immediately determine the problem when somebody runs it as non-root).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation