BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

how can we check this. I have done the grep on it (ps -ef | grep 41415) but no other process is running .

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You would want to use netstat or lsof to check for processes listening on a port, rather than ps. For example: netstat -nlp | grep 41415, or lsof -i:41415.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Yes, I have tried netstat . it is showing as ESTABLISHED with two entries on the screen. what is this mean?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If there is not a LISTEN entry (and you used the -l option to netstat) that suggests that no process is listening on the port. ESTABLISHED means that a connection exists, but that could be a connection from this host to another, so the server listening on port 41415 could be a different host.
--
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Thanks for this. How can we resolve this now? Do we need check/update security groups (inbound/outbound) ?
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are you getting the same message saying it could not bind to port 41415?
--
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Yes, I am getting the same message as this

[info 2017/08/31 11:52:12.271 AEST <main> tid=0x1] Locator stopped

[severe 2017/08/31 11:52:12.271 AEST <main> tid=0x1] Could not bind locator to null[41,415]
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You may want to take a closer look at your netstat output. If it is reporting established with the host where you are running the command's IP listed as the host connected at port 41415, then you have an existing process using that port. Killing that process should allow the cache locator to bind to the port.
--
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Tried this

netstat -an|grep 41415 (see the two entries )
tcp 0 0 11.193.80.23:35847 11.193.80.23:41415 ESTABLISHED
tcp 0 0 11.193.80.23:41415 11.193.80.23:35847 ESTABLISHED

Tried this

netstat -nlp|grep 41415
 and see nothing

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The second listing would be the process that was using that port. I believe the netstat -p option includes the process id.
--
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Terminated the Mid-tier instance and
once instance is up. Started the services and it worked . Not sure what went wrong . Could be some hidden process is using that port
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Is this resolved?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 in conversation