BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FilipLarsson
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!

Here's my problem: 

I tried to upgrade from SAS M7 to SAS M8 but somehow SAS/CONNECT did not install even tough it was included in the License file.

I really don't know what the problem is and hoped I could find some help here among you.

This is the SAS products listed in the License file: 

*PRODNUM000 = BASE Base SAS;
*PRODNUM001 = STAT SAS/STAT;
*PRODNUM002 = GRAPH SAS/GRAPH;
*PRODNUM007 = IML SAS/IML;
*PRODNUM015 = CONNECT SAS/CONNECT;
*PRODNUM075 = INTTECHSRV SAS Integration Technologies;

Also after the installation we tried to install SAS/CONNECT manually be starting SAS Deployment Wizard and choosing the option to add components.

But it's not listed among components that we can add. The only one remotely resembling SAS CONNECT is SAS CONNECT Driver for Java.

For any other information that could help anyone reading this please respond and I will provide whatever is necessary.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
SAS/CONNECT was likely installed as part of Foundation SAS, a Connect Spawner and Server were not configured (so don't show up in SMC or Lev1/) because they are not part of the plan file you used to deploy.

Once you've acquired a plan file with the connect server configuration present, you can select install > configure sas software > SAS/CONNECT Server Configuration to add it.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
SAS/CONNECT was likely installed as part of Foundation SAS, a Connect Spawner and Server were not configured (so don't show up in SMC or Lev1/) because they are not part of the plan file you used to deploy.

Once you've acquired a plan file with the connect server configuration present, you can select install > configure sas software > SAS/CONNECT Server Configuration to add it.
--
FilipLarsson
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you! I will try this out.

FilipLarsson
Fluorite | Level 6

Do you know if there is some default plan file that has this?

The one we are currently using is called Office Analytics, two machines.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I didn't see this in any of the built-in plans, so one would need to be created.
--
FilipLarsson
Fluorite | Level 6

Okay I'm new to SAS what's the easiest way to go about creating a plan file? We have one at my company from 2022 when they installed SAS
 M7 but it seems to be a little bit outdated since we had this issue when we used that plan file too. Sorry if I'm being bothersome I'm just really new to SAS.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You should be able to request a plan file from your SAS representative.
--
FilipLarsson
Fluorite | Level 6

Okay thanks man, this helped alot.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 in conversation