BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bumchum
Calcite | Level 5

HI there,

I have SAS farm on Grid structure. I want to create a folder only on metadata not on Unix to provide access to some libraries

Case-- I have group A and it has some libraries

Group B has 25 users and only 3 users  need access to libraries for Group A

SO I create group C only on Metadata add 3 users to group C and provide this group access to library

Assumption - As libraries is created only on metadata server so if I create group on metadata server they should have access to this

problem is if I add this B group server to library then all users cann see group A 's library and if I dont add Group B server to library Group C users who are from Group B cant access libraries.

I know  simplest solution is to create group C on unix also 

but is there any other solution do we have?

2 REPLIES 2
shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi ,

How about creating a folder and providing access to Group C and denying access to Group B?---will that help

Thanks,

Shiva

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please bear in mind that any permissions set up only in SAS metadata only apply to metadata-defined data sources.

Any SAS user can define a LIBNAME in a SAS program completely bypassing metadata permissions as long as OS permissions allow this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation