BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sin_golbarg
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Everybody,

I am a SAS programmer in Canada, sometimes I saw SAS Admin job in Market, I would like to change my filed from sas developer to sas admin. Do you think it is worth to change job domain, and if yes how can I learn that?

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you explore here to understand better what a SAS administrator does: https://support.sas.com/en/sas-administrators.html

Yes there are opportunities in this field. At smaller SAS sites administrator and developer roles are often shared in my experience so your existing developer skills are very useful for administration.

A deep understanding of SAS architecture is a key requirement for a SAS administrator.

sin_golbarg
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks SASKiwi
shayne
SAS Employee

The free SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course is a good place to start learning SAS administration. Check out the SAS Platform Administration Learning Path for other available courses. If you decide you would like to become a SAS administrator, it's well worth it to get certified

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation